Action RPG fans rejoice! I’ve been playing the Marvel Heroes Omega beta on PS4 like crazy this past week. Now, it looks like we will be getting more of that delicious action RPG gameplay on consoles with the release of Victor Vran: Overkill Edition on May 30th, for PS4 and Xbox One . Released on PC back in 2015, Victor Vran is an “award-winning, isometric action RPG that encourages players to venture and vanquish to their liking. Players can forge their own personal version of Victor (voiced by Doug “Geralt” Cockle) by utilizing a vast array of powerful weapons, game-changing outfits, and wicked, spell-like demon powers.” It’s fantastic and has a self aware sense of humour (like Deadpool, you know……if he was a video game.)
With the upcoming console release, Victor Vran has been built from the ground-up using developer Haemimont’s proprietary engine. You can look forward to couch co-op for up to 2 players or, if you’re venturing online, you can party with up to 4 players. The Overkill edition includes two new adventures along with the main story: “Fractured Worlds – a challenging and empowering new addition featuring a new chapter in the story of Victor Vran, and Motörhead: Through the Ages – a wild, rock adventure, inspired by, officially endorsed by, and starring, the loudest band in the world.”
Achim Heidelauf, Executive Producer and creator of Motörhead Through the Ages, Haemimont Games, is ecstatic for the release: “In over 20 years of making video games this is my proudest moment. I cannot wait to show our unique creation to my fellow Motörheadbangers and the rest of the world! Motörhead forever!”
Some of the features coming to the Motörhead expansion include:
- “Fan-favorite tracks from Motörhead like they’ve never been heard before: activate Monuments of Rock to experience unwoven stems from the band’s original studio sessions, then defeat hammering waves of monsters to complete the song and earn exciting new treasures, weapons, and abilities
- Explore three entirely new worlds inspired by Motörhead’s music, attitude and album covers
- Unleash eight new Motörhead themed demon powers – smash foes with the Iron Fist, blast baddies with the Deaf Forever Amp, call in the Bomber, and more
- Slay with style in three new outfits based on band members Lemmy, Phil and Mikkey
- Dispatch demons with the new Revolver and Guitar weapon types
- Collect 20 new Destiny Cards that augment any demon hunter’s destructive abilities
- Take on new bosses including the Corrupted War Pig, Orgasmatron, and the Queen of the Damned
- Follow an exciting and often shocking storyline about war, religion and greed
- Starring world renowned actor, director and living legend Lloyd Kaufman”
I’ve been craving console action RPGs like Champions of Norrath for years, and it’s fantastic to see developers (slowly) bringing them back and embracing couch co-op. I really hope this is a trend that will continue. It’s always been one of my favourite genres and I cannot wait to get my hands on Victor Vran when it comes out next month.
Victor Vran: Overkill Edition launches on PS4 & Xbox One May 30th, 2017.